About Tim Tentcher Counselling Guelph
Tim Tentcher has been involved with mental health treatment and program development in the community for over 25 years. His unique approach provides effective supportive counselling using a blend of Cognitive Therapy, Positive Psychology and Life Planning. This, combined with his medical nursing knowledge of medication issues, can help you and your family deal effectively with mental health concerns. Counselling Guelph residents has been Tim’s work for over 25 years!
Tim’s researched approach helps shine the light of reason onto life’s shadows.
Throughout his career, Tim has designed innovative programming.
He was a founding member of PSR (Psychosocial Rehabilitation) Canada and has been at the forefront of educational and conference development.
He ran Guelph’s first cognitive therapy group with Dr. Watt, former CEO of the Homewood Health Centre and was founding member of the first inter-agency team that developed an effective community treatment approach for people with a variety of mental health issues and dementia in Guelph (Trellis, now CMHA, and Homewood out-patient service).
Before working at Homewood Health Cr. counselling Guelph residents he was a brother in a religious order of contemplative monks, an experience that gives him a unique faith-inspiring perspective. Tim’s faith perspective is only offered by request from those he serves and while his general approach is not religious, it builds faith and hope as we battle the shadows within.
- Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP)
- Advanced Motivational Interviewing Skills & Strategies, School for Addiction Studies, Certificate of Completion (2002)
- Community Mental Health Multidisciplinary Program, Conestoga College (1996)
- Diploma in Addiction Studies (AdDipTT), McMaster University (1993)
- Certificate of General Social Work (CSW), Renison University College (1989)
- Registered Practical Nurse (RPN), Conestoga College (1989)
Tim will be counselling Guelph residents for many years to come and he hopes he can help you and your family if the need arises.